Tuesday 8 January 2008

Happy New Year!

Best wishes to everyone for 2008 and sorry for being a BAD blogger! Here's our little update.

Olympia, well lets just say that its agility and ANYTHING can happen and it usually does! Tig took two poles, why i don't know that probably makes his knocked poles total no more than 10 this year so why two at Olympia? I have his run on video and he just wasn't quite himself for whatever reason. I've gone over it in my head way too many times and the same three things come up when talking to others as well the bigger wings and poles and the way i handled the start.
We have barrels and big solid pedigree wings in our field and some long poles too so he gets to train on these more than most and i handled the set up and the start of the course exactly the same way as I'd have done 100 times over this year. Tig didn't settle until about the 7th obstacle then he became himself again and was flying, we gave it our best shot and i hope I get to take him back to try again one day.
As for Dot well who knows, I for one thought she had her feet on the dog walk but she managed to duck out right at the last minute and came right across my feet, weird things happen out there. Sadly i don't have that run on video because i would love to see what i did that made her think i was pulling her off. I enjoyed the rest of Dot's run alot more than I'd enjoyed Tigs and i was pleased to have a fun run with her in the pairs and she went like a bullet. She really enjoyed the roar from the crowds!

After the long days at Olympia we were pleased to head off for our Christmas Hols with my Mum and Dad in Scotland. The dogs LOVED it as did Dylan. Presents took Dylan most of the day and he got some lovely things. Leslie bought him a mini Stihl chainsaw that has a rubber chain and makes a noise. It drove everyone mad but Dylan loved it and along with his drill he preformed minor surgeries and mended things! He also got a hand knitted Bot The Builder from his Great Granny. Bob is amazing every little detail to his hat and his tool belt. I know my Gran put alot of time in to this and it is very much appreciated, he has pride of place in bed with 'Babbit' and 'Blanket'. I know he will be much loved over the next few years.

Dylan was truly spoilt by everyone.



There was alot of family at Mum's from Christmas Eve to Boxing Day in total there were 10 dogs and i forgot to take my camera out but we had some great walks. It was the Gun dogs versus the Pastoral on behaviour the Gun dogs had it every time but the collies never failed to have a BLAST!!!! After all they were on holiday ;-)

All these dogs let their humans along and even let them join in the feast and what a feast it was!



Finally my best Christmas present was from my sickeningly organised Sister in Law it was an address and birthday book....COMPLETELY FILLED IN FOR ME! Only one problem, i have NO EXCUSE NOW!

2 comments:

Johanna said...

Happy New Year!!!!! From all of us at Bluewyle!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Tig's 2 poles down but his time was WOW!!! Bodes well for next year.

Karen